Monday, November 5, 2012

Don't Jinx it...

It has been a struggle for over a year but Miss Kaitlynn Bella is finally potty trained- woot woot! I didn't want to Jinx it by saying we were successful before I was certain but we have moved into that category-- officially. And a few weeks shy of her birthday (although it should have been age 2 or 3 not 4 but we are happy nonetheless). And she is pretty proud of herself as well. Just like her mother, she has a tendency to speak freely not realizing that the listener has no interest or want to hear the story she is about to weave. However she tells it with so much vigor that you are entranced by just her story telling even if the subject matter is less than exciting. Case in point: When we were getting Katie excited about wearing big girl panties she just couldn't get past their name. She was not content with calling them just "panties". It wasn't fancy enough for her. There always has to be a descriptor... big girl pants, sparkly shoes, hairy toothbrush etc. So we were struggling with what she wanted to call her panties-and then it happened. I was telling her that mommy wears panties like she does now and so does her sister Kyra and even Grammy does. Then she says to me "does Great Grandma? Does she have Granny panties?" I smiled (giggled a little inside whilst keeping a straight face) and replied yes "Granny panties." However the joke is on me because it stuck... they are now referred (seemingly indefinitely) by Bella Bronander as her "Granny Panties" and she thinks its the coolest thing around.
It was around this time that Via started to show interest in going on the potty. So we have started ever so gently into having her try and go on the big girl toilet. Although we have had a few snafoos along the way namely her tiny buns slipping into the giant bowls. The other day we were doing breakfast at Hardees and she wanted to try. I thought why not because she needed a change anyway. I set her on the seat and turned to get the diaper bag open and she started screaming. I turned back quickly to see her folded almost in half yelling "my bunders my bunders is falling!" I did not laugh (but trust me I wanted to as I pulled her out of the toilet). Its a process and now that she is talking more, her sister is a regular pro at it and we have a pretty regular schedule- why not? It will save me money on diapers that's for sure. One down --- One to go.

No comments: