Thursday, August 14, 2014

Divorcitiva... That's Itallian

As you may have noticed… there was a rather large gap in the posts over the last few months. 6 months to be exact. ( I am writing this in November and post-dating it). To be honest I have been dreading writing this post but its time if I want to keep my family, friends and loved ones in the loop. I have to swallow my pride and just get it out there so the healing can start to really set in. SO without further adue here is the big news… Timmy and I are getting a divorce. For reals. Now there has been talk about it between the two of us for quite a while now. We tried various therapy options both together and separately and the only thing it did was show us that the best thing for us was to be apart. There was an incredible amount of soul search we both explored together. And after what seemed like an eternity we could identify and agree on what we needed as individuals and a couple. And we tried. I need to apologize to you all because for years I have made our life at home and the marriage we had seem like it was all butterfly kisses and sunshine. And honestly it was very far from that. Although I must admit we were a great team and got a lot accomplished as individuals and as parents in the last 13 years. However as a couple, companions and confidants we both lacked for the other quite a bit. It wasn’t until the stresses in life actually dissipated that we took a step back and told each other that we were unhappy. Beyond unhappy actually… I think we both used the word miserable. There was no sunshine in our home besides the smiles of the little girls we made together. And we are both incredibly thankful everyday that these little miracles happened. But it was time to let the hurt go. Neither of us could live with the sad and angry hearts we harbored. The split came the night before our anniversary in July when we looked at each other and knew it was over. For the sake of ourselves and our children it was done. Within a week we had found Timmy a new home about a mile and a half from mine. His landlord is actually my high school art teacher who helped me get a summer art scholarship one year. It’s interesting how life works.
I will spare you the nitty gritty details but here it is in a nutshell: I am embarrassed. I didn’t want to admit I was a failure (this is not a whoa is me statement just the god’s honest truth). I don’t like to cry. I didn’t want to be wrong. But I can tell you that it’s what needed to happen. I don’t want to pretend anymore. I want to be happy. And I want Timmy to be happy. We need to celebrate life and everything that’s beautiful within it and show that to the girls. And we were never on the same level… never will be.

Things so far are remaining positive and neutral. Kaitlynn and Olivia are still spending time at both homes which involves a lot of travel for me but it’s worth it not to have increased care costs. My parents have been so supportive in the process and it is blinding how much they care for me. The girls have been able to see them and the other side of the family just as much as they had before as well. It’s such a relief. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The stress while it’s still present in other ways is nowhere near as harmful. I had a twitch in my right eye for the past year. It’s gone. Legitimately gone. Poof! All that negativity is gone… even when we get into a conversation that heats up I have to take a breath and agree to disagree… I won’t live that way anymore. I feel like my wings have been un-bound and it’s time to finally fly. I won’t be steady at first but with the continued love and support from my most treasured friends and family I am certain I can soar…. I love you all very much… and thanks for not giving up on me.
    

No comments: