Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting Ready for Rummage Season

I am SOOOO ready for rummage season! I was planning on having a sale last weekend but with the crummy weather we decided to push it back a bit. Which is totally okay with me because then I can get some more sorting done. Last year I was so sick with Olivia that I never went through any drawers or cupboards for the sale. This year however, I am trying to go through everything. I found that when you add another body to your household you also add a whole lot of stuff... this should have been in the handbook! So the girls and I have been cleaning out closets and finding "treasures" that we can live without in the hopes that we can make some room for the new treasures we most certainly cannot live without :) Kaitlynn is the best little helper but she likes to pull the tape off the clothes after I price them. She just doesn't understand that we have to price them in order to sell them at the rummage sale. She just kept peeling off the tape and saying "no Mommy, you make dirty!" I had to laugh because she was serious about it... being a parent is awesome.
Livi had fun too keeping me company--- and balancing out my bins when they were starting to get empty. We stopped by the church to borrow some tables and we brought down all the rummage stock from the loft a few weeks ago... so now we just need the weather to cooperate and we will be good to go (but I don't think I am not going to hold my breath).

No comments: