Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Movin on Up... to the East Side


Well we in the Herrman (and Bronander) family got some awesome news... AJ and Anna are officially moving, and to the east side of Green Bay hopefully. Anna signed a contract with St. Norbert college to be a professor there in the Spring 2013 Semester (she is almost done with her PhD) and AJ is able to work (and finish his Masters Degree) from a remote location so they are headed north. We got word today that they were seriously checking out a house that is only four miles from me (but a 8 minute drive) and they wanted to get my opinion. How cool is that?!? Number one that they are going to potentially be so close to me but also that they felt my input was important :) I couldn't miss this opportunity so I loaded the girls into my car (which has brand new seat heaters installed yesterday) and we headed over to take a peek. So the house they found is well within their price range, actually listed under fair market value and its huge ( I am definitely having some new house envy especially because there was even a little princess bedroom that Katie totally fell in love with... whoosah.... my day will come). There are three bedrooms, and awesome eat in kitchen with an open concept and the basement is pretty well finished (not to mention furnished with a 50 inch flat screen TV that AJ wants to keep for game days-ha!) All in all it seems to be a pretty awesome deal and I hope they are able to find something that they are happy with in the end. Did I mention there is a giant three car garage with massive storage above the entire thing--- as my mother would say "O.M.G." I had a hard time not talking it up but its a wonderful property. The catch was that their apartment in Milwaukee still has a 6 month lease on it and as it is costing them over a grand in rent and utilities a month they were not sure that they could swing that and a mortgage. So I think at first this was a day dream. But as they were settling into the idea that they would be taking up residence in my parents basement for the next 6 months--- tada--- they found sub-letters (I think that's how you spell it) essentially they found people to take over the lease on their apartment so that they could get out of the contract and move up to Green Bay without strings attached down there- woot woot!So this house is not official but it seems that their move is and shortly after Thanksgiving I guess... we truly have much to be thankful this year... it better not end this December or I am going to be pissed! I got plans you know ;)

No comments: