So I am trying really hard not to laugh out loud as I am typing this but it is so funny... like pee your pants funny. To set the stage let me first tell you that in my top five favorite things to do, polka mass/ church picnic is right up there. Every summer we try to go to as many as possible because frankly I am rarely happier than I am surrounded by God, beer, brats and a good polka (with my family ofcourse)... and if there is a rummage sale associated with it you may see this girl jump for joy--- or run towards the sale--- either way a sight for sure ha! This past summer the girls and I went to a polka mass and kermis out in the Luxemburg area-ish which is honestly in the middle on nowhere (beautiful) but farm country. The parish is very small but devout Catholics with a very light complexion and a median age of about 80 (I am trying to say they are all old white people... but nicely). As my girls can be quite spirited, especially when I am trying to contain them in a "no talking" atmosphere I was pretty uncomfortable. Dad ended up taking Via outside because she would not stop squirming and when she was still it was because I had her in a death grip which lead to outburst. My frustration with the two princesses was at a boiling point and I think everyone in the whole building sensed it so I was super grateful when my father took her for a walk. Mass progressed through the readings and then the homily and Bella was doing pretty well. We are practicing our "whisper" but much like her momma--- its not something she is very interested in. Which was more than apparent when it happened. (This is where is gets good) So right before the distribution of the blessed hosts (in the Catholic Church) the priest goes around the alter and offers each of the attendants (those that will give the hosts to the parishioners) the "Body of Christ." So the priest starts on the end saying "Body of Christ" although quiet it was loud enough to hear over the speaker system. So another "Body of Christ" next person "Body of Christ" next person "Body of Christ" cue Bella (jumping up on the pew arm raised in the air screaming) "I want some Body of Christ please." (wait for it....) total silence... Oh---my---God---(I can say God cause we were in church). My heart totally dropped and I was fairly certain I would pass out from utter humiliation. That was until the entire congregation started to giggle under their breath and I knew I was in the clear... thank you sweet baby Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment