Friday, June 5, 2009

Off to California











… Today we left Las Vegas at 4 am… which was plenty early. We were heading to California early so that we could spend as much time there as possible. Our drive wasn’t all too bad… just long. It was supposed to take four and a half hours but it ended up taking closer to six. Not because we took rest stops but because there was a traffic accident and we had to be re-routed. So by the time we got to the Wild Animal park in San Diego everybody was a little crabby. The park was a really neat experience though. There were free roaming African animals and I think the kids really dug the Dinosaur exhibit. Timmy liked the California Condor and I was just stoked to be in some good weather. That was until Miss Kyra was entrusted with the camera case by her father and uncle Brad. Turns out she got too excited by the gorilla exhibit and left it on the ground. We didn’t know this of course until we got to packing the cars at the end of the day and I couldn’t find my wallet… oh yes, my wallet and cameras were in the bag. No big deal really… JUST OUR ENTIRE VACATION!!! But as it turns out, there are still some honest people among us. When I went back into the park to see if it had been turned in, they had it at the lost and found. I figured it would be gutted and all our money and cards would be gone but as luck would have it, nothing was touched. Talk about some good luck.

No comments: