
Today was a very odd day for me. My parents are taking the two older girls (Kaitlynn and Kyra) to Maidson for the next few days. I guess my Dad has some meetings down there and my mother wants to girls so they can do some sightseeing- namely the Zoo and a whole lot of swimming. Which is good because it has been in the 90s for the last week and doesn't look to be getting better any time soon- YUCK. So I picked my mom up from her house and while I was there (girls in the air conditioned car) she asked if I thought we could knock down the wasp nest in the apex of their garage outside (where the roof comes to a point). I figured it couldn't be all that bad so I got my ladder set up and grabbed a rake... bad idea. I guess I didn't know just how fast wasps can fly especially when they are crabby and I got stung- a few times. Because I was new to the bee/ hornet/ wasp sting club I was unaware and just how much those stinking things hurt. I was puffy and swollen on my left hand for most of the day (even at work). So needless to say I could not use my left hand right away so I had my mother drive the girls and I into town to run a few errands. We pulled into the parking lot at Target and started to get unpacked. I guess my mom must have tapped the car door next to us because the guy in the truck had a total conniption fit. She thought at first the he was joking but when he dropped the F-bomb I knew it was going to be ugly. I jumped into total work mode and ran around the car to diffuse the situation. She was still smiling and thinking he was joking when he opened his door and was like "I am gonna smash your car now." My mother in total disbelief stood there but I had to say something. I told the man that he needed to calm down and that we were terribly sorry but there were no marks at all. He was still pissed off (kinda like those wasps) and swearing like crazy. The I had had it- I warped into momma bear mode protecting my cubs and said "Sir you need to calm down- you are scaring my children (cue the crying)." He took a second to respond but it was too late. I snuck into the front seat and moved my car far far away. My mom kept trying to talk to the man but he was being totally unreasonable. When we got inside I was still a little worried that he would do something stupid so I let the manager know there was a lunatic in the parking lot and to be aware if he decides to verbally accost any other customers... whew... after a few deep breaths and a hand that was still throbbing, we got through the check outs and headed to the car- and he was still there! The craziest thing is that my mother still felt that she needed to apologize to him so she booked it to his truck but he sped off- my mother just had to poke the bear I guess :) After a thorough review of my car (no key marks to be seen) we loaded up and headed back to my place. My Dad swung through a few hours later and the house was still for a while before I left for work- whew- what a day! (and my hand still hurts)
No comments:
Post a Comment