Thursday, July 7, 2011

Zippin Pippin!!!

So Green Bay Wisconsin is now the official new owners of the Zippin Pippin!!! Word on the street had it that it was rumored to be Elvis Presley's favorite roller coaster- and now its ours (well a newer version at least). This is totally huge for us here in our little corner of the country because it is literally the biggest thing to happen to us in quite a while. The city ended up putting it right next to Bay Beach and even still using the classic tickets to ride the coaster... and get this- its only a buck! (Have I told you lately that I love you Green Bay). So if you thought we went to Bay Beach too much in the past few years, we are in overdose mode here folks. WE actually have to cut it down to three times a week or less because Kyra is totally obsessed with the Zippin Pippin- it used to be the SKAT- oh no- that is old news now I guess. Today we were bumming around thinking about heading up to Door County when Kyra mentioned that she wouldn't mind just going on a few rides and hanging out at my parents for the afternoon while the girls napped- works for me. She also thought that the Zippin Pippin was just the ride to make the whole experience a success- for her :) I didn't realize just how often she had been on it (my mother tends to under emphasise those factoids) so she was "bragging" that she had been on it at least 12 times this summer. I asked her were the best seat on the coaster was (knowing darn well its in the front) and she told me that she had never tried it.... stop the press Batman- WHAT!!! She explained how she had a great time with Anna and again with Grammie and for the most part went on it alone but had never ridden in the absolute first car. That was all I needed to hear- it was time to give it a try... and she loved it... I knew she would.

No comments: