Today we went bowling with the Bronander side of
our family. Timmy’s aunt Karla for the past few years has always given the
entire family a generous group gift. We have always gone swimming at the Tundra Lodge
(an indoor water park) but with the girls being so little and the older girls
wanting to change it up a bit, this year we went bowing- and it was great! I
was a little nervous that Via was still going to be too little and was just going
to run around but she actually bowled- it was adorable. That is not to say that
she didn’t run around because she certainly did, we all got some exercise. Tim
was not able to bowl for fear that his back was going to bother him later so he
was on baby duty. Thank goodness for Uncles and Grandparents because that girl
is fast. Katie was totally in the zone with bowling. She had her little shoes
and everything… who would have thunk it? We bowled two games, we almost. The
girls lasted about one and a half and then gave up so their big cousin Kalli
ended up bowling for them. She actually bowled for everyone in her lane, what a
good sport. I do have to toot my own horn and say that I bowled a 136 the first
game and was the highest score of the day… yes even out of all those Bronander boys-
ha! After we got the girls wrangled we went out for a group lunch. My girls
were exhausted but did pretty well. Kaitlynn was sooooo tired and tried to keep
it together but it was rough for her. All of a sudden she turns to me and says “I
have to go potty.” That’s all it took
for me to jump out of my seat and we literally RAN to the bathroom in hopes
that she might be able to go in the toilet. And I am pleased to report that she
went “tinkle in the toilet.” WOOHOO!!! I was so proud of her. Her frown turned
upside down especially when the blue moon ice cream headed her way in a
celebratory big girl treat. With a tiny
blue mustache she made her way through the entire bowl (a big one I promise
you) and then fell asleep in the car- they both did. What a great day- Thanks
Karla!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment