Monday, February 13, 2012

I have come Full-Circle

I can officially say my life has come full circle. This weekend was another one to put on the shelf of excellent memories. We started out on Friday morning with the two little girls, my mother and I running in am absolute snow storm to a rummage sale… I know! In all honesty I guess it was considered an estate sale but who’s counting. So mom went in first while I stayed in the car with the itty bitties and really didn’t find too much. Then it was my turn- I was shocked with all the treasures she missed. My favorites being three humongous petticoats from the owner’s square dancing days: red, yellow and white. I am seriously considering making my father wear one (or all) for Halloween this year… we can revisit this later. She wanted two bucks a piece but you know me and my negotiating skills (rather an addiction I fear) so I got all three for a buck a piece.  I also found this amazing gold hamper in awesome shape for a dollar to keep them in until we use them. A few other treasures including a planter and I was set spending just under eight dollars- not bad for my first sale of 2012. After we were feeling the “high” of the finds (yes we have an addiction) we kept it going by running some errands around town… in the snow storm. The first was to pick up a craigslist find for Kaitlynn’s spring wardrobe --- which took three tries to get the woman to actually answer the door, but almost a half hour and some soggy wet feet we were on our way and it was totally worth it. Next was off to the Dollar Tree where we found some more treasures. I hadn’t been in there for months and it was like walking into a candy store… there were so many cool things and they were only a dollar!!! With my full basket and a twenty dollar bill I headed to the checkout just hoping that I would come in under budget and not have to put anything back. The cashier spotted me a nickel and I was still in the game. 20.05- crazy I know. The girls were trying to talk Grammie into plugging some money into the toy ice cream truck in the mall but she resisted… the power is strong (if I remember my childhood correctly-ha!) The girls (including grandma) had a little naptime in the afternoon while I shoveled the driveway and then we were off to pick up Kyra from school.
 After we regrouped the whole gang headed off to the 4pm showing of “The Muppets.” Even my dad was able to make it. Now I knew Bella and Kyra would do just fine but I wasn’t sure how Miss Via our busty body would do at the movies. Lucky for us there were only three other people in the entire theater so she pretty much had run of the place- thank goodness her tiny little boots slowed her down some. This theater lets you not only enjoy the typical treats like popcorn and soda but they have a full menu to order from as well. So we stuffed our bellies with popcorn, dollar tree candies and a pepperoni and pineapple pizza (The Bronander Girl’s favorite). The one saving grace was that we all drank water which I am sure helped flush out all the sodium we consumed and it was fiscally responsible… although Kyra seems to think baba is made of money sometimes- silly goose. It was so nice to sit in the theater and watch all the Muppets on the big screen again. I remember when my parents brought me as a child and now here I am 25 years later bringing my little ones- I have come full circle my friends. I asked Kaitlynn who her favorite Muppet was and she points to her blindingly pick shirt, cocks her head and says “Miss Piggy Momma!” Have I mentioned how much I love that mini-me? As if going to the movies on Friday night was not enough- we ambitious ladies decided to hit the pool quick before bed. So the five of us packed into my car and headed for the Y’s open swim. The girls got tired quick which was evident by their total breakdown in the showers but it made for an easy bed time. Saturday morning mom and I were headed to yet another rummage sale which was equally exciting- at least for me (lots of baby clothes). We did a few chores around my place and then ran some errands before naptime. Mom headed home after that and she and dad spent some time together still recovering from their amazing trip with Mary and Carlos.
 Tim’s brother Jeremy stopped by in the evening to see Kyra and after a little roughhousing with the three girls stayed on to play a few games. We hit the hay relatively early and decided to go swimming again on Sunday morning with my parents. They even took us out for burgers and ice cream after- woohoo! The girls and I made it home just in time to meet Karla at the house who was there to visit with Kyra and the two little girls as well. While they were catching up, Tim and I took a little break and ran some errands just the two of us- which is always nice (thank you Karla). We went out for dinner as a group to the China Buffet (Kyra’s favorite) and I don’t think anyone left there hungry. Bella was such a neat little lady using her napkin to wipe her face and baby via was quite the artist with the white rice. Kyra was just so happy to have beef and broccoli she was a total joy to be around. I kept waiting for more shrimp which the wait was probably good because it kept me from eating too much--- which trust me I did. All in all it was an excellent weekend and I am not sure that we can top this one… but I am sure going to try :)

No comments: