We LOVE the month of June in Wisconsin because its June dairy month... and that means Breakfast on the farm! I have been lucky enough to go with my parents to a few and they are a total blast. This year was the first time I have been able to bring Baby Via along with the crew which was nice especially since Kyra wont be able to make any of them. Miss Kyra Jean has decided to spend a week at a time with us this summer which is a shift from the Summers of the past when we had her the whole three months. It took a little reorganizing and for the most part I was able to make all the big family activities on dates and times that she will be with us... so no worries and honestly it has been going great so far.
The little girls have been enjoying their time with my parents too. With my mother having retired this past spring and my dad contemplating retirement this coming winter, I could not have asked for better timing with my girls because they are at an age where they get really excited to see Grandma and Grandpa and frankly it goes the other way too :) Especially because they feed them ice cream--- consistently. For example: at Breakfast on the farm we had scrambled eggs, pizza, string cheese, strawberry, chocolate or 2% milk, and a giant bowl of ice cream (all things dairy related of course). And being the "responsible parent" I think I am I was like "make sure you eat all your eggs little girls." And within I swear two minutes my dad says "who's ready for ice cream???" At first I thought- wtf? And then after I regrouped I realized that yes nutrition is important but if I freak out about this, I am going to turn into one of those overbearing mothers that their children grow up and detest. So, having experienced a total parenting change in perspective--- yes, they can have ice cream for breakfast. (especially since we had veggies for lunch and played on the beach to burn off the sugar) it seems like a pretty fair trade off.
I have been blessed with the best family ever. When I was pregnant I was certain (in the Trina way of thinking) that I was going to have a boy and a girl and that was that. What having these two special ladies in my life has done is make me consider that I may be wrong... I know I said it. I am not always right and there are most definitely things that I will experience in my life that will only happen because of these two amazing girls. My mother once said to me that she "thanked God for me everyday." At first I thought she was being sarcastic (and to a degree I am sure she was - hahahaha) but now I get it. My life is better because of my children... no matter what their size or shape or sex. My only job is to not hold them down and to help pick them up when they stumble along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment