Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dual B-Day's

You are looking at a brand new twelve year old girl... hard to believe I know. She has the body of a 15 year old but she still totally loves her dolls (figures is the "tween" term I guess). I have honestly struggled over the last few years with Kyra's clothes. Not only the size fluctuation but the way they fit her changing body and not to mention the fact that she hates all the clothes in her closet... her words not mine. So- that because my goal of the summer- to find reasonably priced clothing that fits and is stylish enough for her teenage perspective of fashion. Well it appears that I have outdone myself because here is a picture of her on the first morning of her twelfth year and all I can say is wow. Don't get me wrong, because I think she looks totally amazing... just not a little girl anymore. This outfit in particular came piece by piece from a rummage sale. The skirt was 50 cents the shirt was 75 cents and the sandals were a dollar. I know- 2.25 for the whole works which is probably cheaper that the bra I had to buy her as an "official" woman. I was informed by the fashion police (Kyra Jean) that there was to be no more pink in her wardrobe either. With the exception of like a hot pink halter (hell no) or if it is just an accent or something. It was after this statement that I told her that she needed to go through her clothes and pull out the things that don't fit and the ones she doesn't want anymore and make a pile for me to either donate or sell. I wish I would have had my camera because the pile was massive--- like her entire bed. I think there may have been like 12 articles of clothing left in the poor child's closet when she was finished. So we went through it and she kept a few more pieces but not too much. It was at this point that I had to let her know that in the future she needs to be honest with me when I find something for her I think is amazing and she doesn't like it to just let me down easy but to tell me just the same. Like when I found these flare jeans in her size just like she asked and found out the pockets need to be bigger so she can carry her phone... argh- I never thought of that. I think from now on I may have to bring my little fashionista along so that she can pick and choose what she likes. At these prices- we can afford to clothe her at both houses this year. I just hope that I don't think I found something totally amazing and end up having it sit in her closet for a year or two till she purges again... I will have to check back on that one- hahahaha.
We had a joint Bday celebration for Kyra and my Dad. Seeing their birthdays are within 24 hours of each other and they both like pizza and ice cream I felt it was fitting. The whole gang met up at Happy Joe's (a local pizza/ ice cream shop) and we had some great food and a bunch of laughs. As you can see from the picture above we had some birthday luck but it wasn't for the bday boy or girl-- baby Via one a thousand tickets... I know! let that sink in- ridiculous
 

No comments: