Funny story: I was in the elevator this afternoon when it shut down, went dark and then restarted. There were other employees in with me including a physical therapist, a housekeeper, a cardiologist, a occupational therapist and someone from the kitchen. Now I am not sure if y'all believe in serendipity, fate or karma but my heart was about to jump out of my chest. If you have seen the movie "Devil" it is about a group of people that are stuck in an elevator and not to spoil it... they all die. But throughout the whole movie you the viewer are unaware who is killing everyone and why all these people were brought together in the first place. We later find that they have all come in contact with each other in someway and have wronged the other person. However it took two hours to tell the story. I can tell you it took me two seconds in the dark elevator to make my peace with God and prepare to be offed. Luckily this didn't happen, but it sure made me stop and think about how precious life is and how happy I am with mine... and that I should go to church more. Damn you Catholic guilt!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment