Monday, June 17, 2013

First Week of Summer Vacation


And we are lovin it! Kyra was done with school on June 6th but because the way our weekend rotation falls it wasn’t until the 13th that we got to see her. It used to be that we got to have her for the whole summer (save for every other weekend) but last year she chose to do a week at a time at each parent’s home. Which was hard for me because I took it personally that my little buddy didn’t want to spend that time with us. Of course I had not yet considered what it was like to be a 13 year old again… yah- just what you want to do is hang out with your mom. But I am cool!!! (Obviously not hahahaha). So I got over it (after everyone told me in their own way that I was crazy and freaking out for no reason). And now we get her every other week and every other weekend. On one hand I know she likes to be available if her friends want to hang out but on the other hand she is remorseful because she can’t always participate in all the cool stuff we do. Case in point: Chucky Cheeses. I promised her that based on how well she did in school we could go play at Chucky Cheeses to celebrate her last semester. Well she blew it out of the park with all A’s in all of her subjects. Now if we could get her to all her classes on time or make it to school for the first bell she would be in tip top shape. But for now we are just going to enjoy the moment and play some games!!! It’s a free for all!!! The little girls had never been to Chucky Cheeses so I think it was a little bit overwhelming for them. It didn’t take long to acclimate though and soon enough they were right in the middle of all the action. Bella was a token hog and wanted them all to herself. She was like Golem from Lord of the Rings… “my precious.” We chose to go at 9am and I am so glad we did because save for a few other kiddos my girls were the only ones in there. There were no lines to wait in and they got to play in the climbing areas undaunted. I not only watched the girls but even played a few games myself-- like Fruit Ninja on a giant screen! It was awesome. Chucky himself made an appearance and taught the kids a dance… Bella loved that. At the end of the song he threw some tickets up in the air and all the kids went after them like adults would 20 dollars bills floating around. I was proud that Katie didn’t throw any shoulders to get what she wanted and still got a few even though she was possibly the shortest one in the group. The girls still get to see a different Grandma once or twice a week for a few hours usually and Auntie Karla watches them on Tuesdays so I anticipate a pretty eventful summer for these girls. Viva Summer 2013!!!

No comments: