Friday, March 21, 2014
Adventures in Reading
We are trying to do more activities together as a family this year. I have always wanted to take the girls to the library to explore and try a story time but its just so hard by myself with these incredibly spirited ladies. However Tim has agreed to go with me now as he has his mornings off of work so we are giving it a go. The girlies had a great time looking at the various sections of the library and the kids area was amazing. They actually both got to try out using a computer for the first time (that I know of) and it was hard to get them to quit (sorta like their Daddy lol). I took each girl separately on a little tour and we explored both floors of the building. We even stopped in to see the librarians in the history section and Katie got to chat about maps and the old school card catalog. Which I know was way over her head but it didn’t matter because she was totally into it. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the library. The smell of books, the way they feel… it’s all very cathartic for me. It very well may be my safe place. Which is hilarious because I literally hate to read. That is unless I find a real doosy and then I can knock that sucker out in a few days. But let’s be honest… school wrecked me and I have no interest in reading… but maybe that will change. Speaking of change. March has been a real eye opener month for me. I am not sure whether it’s because I turned 32 on the first or what the deal is but I am experiencing some crazy feelings of revitalization and change (I shall keep you posted on that). I guess I just want to be happy, my girls to be happy, my husband, friends and other family members to be happy as well. It just totally sank in that we only get one life. That’s it. And there are no do-overs (although I have mixed feelings on this) so we need to live the one we have been given to the fullest. So in honor of March’s theme: optimism in the face of darkness shall be my new mantra. I know its deep but out of the darkest depths can come the greatest beauty (I hope).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment