Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Cleaning 2014

I have been cleaning like a crazy person the last few weeks. I can sure you that I not pregnant but it feels like when I was expecting the girls and the whole nesting situation. It’s crazy and liberating. And in addition to my occasional (and by that I mean continual) OCD I have things designated and organized into various piles: Rummage sale, consignment store, clothing consignment store, online rummage sales, Donate and trash. Now I am sure you are wondering how on God’s green earth I might have enough treasures to classify into these various groups. And I will tell you why… number one I am a hoarder (a highly functioning and organized collector but a hoarder just the same) number two so is my mother. SO when she decides to go on a purging kick I have to do the manual labor of it (which is never easy mind you) but in turn she gives me all her treasures to sort and retain whatever monetary compensation I can muster up. SO it’s super sweet and that’s why I have so many designations. The main reason for the great purge of 2014??? Rummage season is at hand and it is forecasted to be amazing. By me. Lol. My favorite organization project so far has been to go through my records. Yes you heard me correctly. Records.  The black vinyl with the cracks and pops that give the old music such personality. I love to just hang out and listed to music but I haven’t been able to in such h a long time. With the girls a little bit older now though it seems that there is potential on the horizon. For now it’s only a little bit but I get my boogie on while I fold the laundry and I am happy. Speaking of happy, I have also decided this spring that I needn’t try to conceal my crazy quite so much. Everybody knows I am a weirdo and honestly they still love me in spite of it. Some even more because of it. So I have been going through the boxes I had in storage with all my weird tchotchkes and such. Talk about liberating. Lettin my freak flag fly baby and boy it feels amazing.

No comments: