I
am going to try not to vent as I explain this little diddy… but I can
already tell you that I shall fail miserable… but here I go anyway. Stay
positive Trina… stay positive you can do this lol. Kyra is thirteen
y’all which is crazy to think about. My little buddy is a teenager
already! And in September she will be a high schooler!!! Where did the
time go??? I have really started to notice the change in her in the past
few years. I will admit there has been friction between us and its most
definitely not all her fault. I am coming to terms with the fact that I
am a full on control freak (and Timmy would use the term bully but I
think that’s hurtful so I won’t use that to describe myself… maybe a
little shifty or manipulative sure but I try not to be hurtful). Yes
there is a fine line between giving her the support she needs as a
teenager/child and a teenager/adult… it’s a very confusing time for both
of us lol. But I figure as long as I love her with my whole heart and
do what I think is positive and supportive that’s all I can really do. Case
in point: Kyra is going on a trip to New York City and Washington DC
this summer to the tune of 900 smackers (1800 in total, the 900 is our
half) and when we agreed to pay it was understood that she would be
doing some fundraising to earn a portion of the trip cost back. Yah, we
have yet to see that. Her trip is paid for though and so now I need to
get creative in how she can pay us back. I am trying to inspire her to
create things and sell them and not get all bent outta shape over the
nickel and dime candy bars… but she just can’t see the big picture yet. I
think she is starting to though because the money is adding up in a way
she can identify that it’s worth the work. At
the hospital when a nurse removes the cap from a medicine they throw it
away. Makes sense. I have been having them save them though and we got
creative. Hot glue and a little glitter nail polish and you have
yourself a cute nametag that costs a 2.00 donation and the two of us
just a little time. They sold like hot cakes!!! Even Tim’s mom and aunt
took a few to their hospitals and sold them for her. After supplies she
made like 150.00. woot woot!!! I still have probably 50 or so left and I
am going to put them into the rummage sale this spring I think.
Otherwise my goal is to get us signed up for a craft sale or two where
we could sell all our handmade treasures. Although that would require
production instead of just the planning stage where it appears I exist
constantly. Hmmmm--- gotta work on that one.
I
was informed the other day that miss Kyra wants to change her room.
Which made my head almost explode because I put some serious time, money
and effort into remodeling her bedroom only a few years ago. But I
guess that’s how teenagers think (in the here and now). Woosaaa stay
positive. SO I am excited to hear about what she wants to do (not really
but I am trying) and honestly if she can find things at a good price
(like next to nothing because in a few weeks she probably won’t like it
anymore anyway) then I am all good with it! Yeah! (see how I did that
wink wink). In the spirit of change we dyed her hair. It’s a pretty kind
of cinnamon color that honestly looks amazing on her. I am proud of the
woman she is becoming and look forward to helping her identify
and utilize all her opportunities . Just the other day I went to a
meeting at her school with her mom where they showed us the classes she
signed up for in the fall. Quite the ambitious girl we have here… robotics and Chinese to list a few--- should be interesting folks.

No comments:
Post a Comment