Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Great Balls of Fire

Katie had another successful soccer season this year. I have to throw a huge thank you out to my parents who made a giant effort to get her to the games and practices. Dad even got to help out with the team as a "grandpa coach." How many kindergartens have the privilege to be coached by a collegiate experienced mentor... lucky little kiddos. Also a thank you to my brother AJ for his continued encouragement and positive reinforcement. I am so lucky to have the awesome and crazy supportive family that I do. Katie had so much fun running the soccer field again this year. She was a better listener for sure and I don't think the coaches were as challenged by her as last year. When its all said and done that girl is a free spirit... I try to contain her and help her assimilate to society but with that fire in her eyes you can see she is defiant (mom says adventurous) on purpose sometimes... like its an experiment to see how far she can push you. Which in all honestly I cant blame her for... can you say "mini-me." Unfortunately Tim had to work during most of her games this season so he never got to watch her play (he hates soccer btw so he didn’t mind). I was able to make all the games on the days I had off but that was literally only a handful… which is not enough. I realized that although I love my job I am missing out on my family and my children’s youngest years. When they were babies I don’t think I appreciated all he cuddles and coos because they were screaming and pooping all the time lol. Now that we are past all of that crazy (well really the crazy just changed) I really regret not having been there mentally and physically. Luckily Tim was not working much of the time when the girls were little so we did not have the added cost of day care but at what price really? I have decided to make my life the best life it can be… I think by next summer I will need a new job… something to work on I guess.

No comments: