Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kohler Art Museum





Today Mom, Kaitlynn and I headed down to Sheboygan to see the Kohler Art museum. It was one of the "hits" on my assignment list for school. I have to say that I am surprised that I have never been there before...its so me. The art is a bit out there but what art isn't? We had fun walking through and taking pictures. There are six bathrooms in the museum that different artists were able to use as blank canvases. Some even used the sinks and toilets. My favorite is the toilet in one of the women's restrooms that say "around and around and around." There were even sculptures from Dr. Evermore's there. I took some pics of Bella with the mini village out in the gardens. She looks like a Baby-Zilla. Ha! I cant wait to go again... I think Timmy and Kyra would really get a kick out of it. Its hard to find things that our little family wants to do in common. Mom and I had to leave Dad home this weekend. He just finished what we are hoping is his last round of chemo for a while. The first weekend after is really hard on him though. Which honestly worked out well because I guarantee all he would have said is "this isn't art, its junk!" You gotta love him!

No comments: