Friday, February 12, 2010

Fish Dinner... My favorite!

This weekend AJ and Anna Banana came up from Milwaukee for a much needed visit. Friday night we all volunteered at the annual fish dinner held at our Church Holy Cross. Dad goes early (around 3pm) and starts to get the little fishies cooking in the butter. Mom shows up after school sometime around 4:30 and gets the front end ready for the 5:00 start time. It is so cute to watch all the little old ladies get in line and patiently wait even though their little legs cant really take the stress of standing very long. After a while they opt to have a seat in the doorway and the idea of being first in line takes a backseat to resting their feet. AJ and Anna decided to take over the water/ milk station and AJ was a sweetheart for carrying the trays of the little old people that couldn't balance them. Kyra decided to play baby-watcher and ran after Kaitlynn for a while... that was until it got too busy and she wanted to switch jobs. So she then took over the ticket distribution business and I took over the baby- running-after post. It was really fun to watch Kaitlynn trying to walk quickly with those little thighs and shoes getting in her way. Kyra Kaitlynn and I took a break to enjoy our dinner which was fish, coleslaw, potato salad (Bella's fav) chips, rye bread, applesauce and a pickle. Bella did pretty well eating and loved her desert (anything you could think of). After a while though she got bored... and then the drama started. I just couldn't keep her entertained and we had to leave early. Which was a good thing because I had to encourage dad to start packing up and heading out. Although I know he enjoys seeing all his friends from church, it just takes too much out of him. So Bella and I headed out to mom and dads and were followed shortly by AJ and Anna, Dad and eventually Mom. We watched Peter Pan and did a little catching up... till I got too sleepy.

No comments: