Friday, May 6, 2011

music

A Few weeks ago Kyra had a concert at her grade school to showcase the band in its first year... It was absolutely precious. I was so darn proud of her for not only deciding to participate but to actually be pretty good at playing the darn thing. And it might totally help due to the fact that she chose to play the clarinet just like her Mommy Trina... not too sure about that yet :) It was in the middle of April that Dad was generous enough to take Kyra and myself to see a portion of the UWMadison marching band preform at the Wiedner Center here in Green Bay. And it was awesome. You know when you can just feel the music coursing through your body waking up all of your senses because it is so intense... that's how this was. They started out with all the football songs and the school anthems but then they switched up by doing some contemporary artists- even Lady Gaga... Kyra and I just sort of looked at each other like "huh?" It was one of those afternoons that you never forget. Kyra totally dug the white clarinets and I promised her that if she got into UWMadison I would buy her a White clarinet if that's what she wants... its never too early to start planting the seed right?
This is a picture of my two little bambilitos playing their own sort of music at home one morning. I can assure you that it is never boring at my house- or quiet for that matter.

No comments: