Thursday, November 24, 2011
so much to be thankful for...
Today is thanksgiving and what a great day... with so much I am thankful for. AS many of you know, for the past, well forever, I have spent Thanksgiving with my family from the Sparta area at my grandmother's. Except when Bella was born and the one time in my early 20s I have been with the Herrman side for the special "turkey" day. This year however, I had to work until 11pm on Wednesday and wasn't able to make the drive over. So I resigned myself to the fact that Thanksgiving was going to be in green bay this year and I was lucky enough to be hosting it as well. I was nervous up until this day and Timmy wasn't sure why. I explained that it was a pretty big deal to orchestrate this and I was just trying to make sure it didn't mess up our first thanksgiving... so he turns to me and says... "This isn't the first thanksgiving at our house... We have had it at our place for a few years now." REALLY!!! This was total news to me and frankly I was a little upset that he was having the holiday at my house while I was away with our girls. At any rate I got over it quickly especially as I watched him in action in his "domain." Because the boy really can cook and pretty quickly too :) So after I got over being pouty and started to clean the guests started to show up. Kyra spent the day with her mom and new stepfather and stepbrothers. We had the girls, Tim's parents, his brother Jeremy, his aunt Karla and my mother. I would have certainly invited my dad but he was busy hunting elk with AJ out in Arizona (lucky duck). So the day went well and our bellies were full. The girls got to nap in their own beds which was nice and I enjoyed going through Via's clothes for Christmas while "us girls" hung out in the kitchen. I cant tell you how good a grilled turkey is- definitely worth the try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment