Saturday, November 26, 2011

Unkie Jackie

Yesterday my bestest buddy Jackie came over to visit with us for a while before Bella’s Birthday party. She was home from Chicago for Thanksgiving with her family so it was great to spend some time together! It’s crazy because I get to see her so rarely but it’s always special when we get together… and this was no exception. The girls totally bombarded her as soon as she walked in the door. The two little ones were only able to stay up for a little bit because they had to go down for their afternoon naps… but they made their short time with her count. Over the course of the last 24 hours or so we have been trying to wrap up Thanksgiving and move onto birthday number three. So Tim had baked her cakes for the party last night before Black Friday shopping and then headed to work this morning for 630am which left me to frost and decorate them both… and boy did we ever. Kyra and I were super tired from our messed up sleep schedule the night before and Jackie is always up for something fun… So when all these factors came together poor Bella’s Bday cake took the brunt of our goofiness. I must say that originally I tried very hard to frost that cake… but I am just bad at it. So it ended up looking like a red hot bowling ball and then someone said it looked like a head and it was all downhill from there. Some how we thought was a good idea to use her little tiara for a crown and the left over Halloween candy for her eyes, mouth, nose and hair. It was SOOOOO much fun but when we tried to get those little frosty bead thingies to stick onto the cake, gravity was totally working against us. I have a feeling I will be finding those sugar bead for days. When Bella woke up she didn’t really know what to make of her cake. She kind of looked at it from the side and was little skittish so as not to get to close in case it came to life- hilarious I tell you… never a dull moment. I was super excited when Jackie invited me down to stay this summer for a long weekend by her. There is so much to see in Chicago and I have never really been able to spend much time there… totally looking forward to it. Windy city here I come!!!

No comments: