2011 was filled with ups and downs
as a whole but one thing it wasn’t – boring. Tim and I struggled a
little in our marriage and are now doubling our efforts to bring it back
together. We found that after having two little ones in two years it
sure stresses out a relationship so we are trying to adapt to our new
family and maintain that relationship that brought us together in the
first place. So in our quest to find ourselves again, we have started
going on little dates- nothing huge but without the kids. Tim’s Aunt
Karla (who is way too nice) offers every so often to watch the girls and
then he and I go out for a few hours. I keep forgetting just how nice
it is to be alone with him. So if anyone is looking for an evening
filled with the laughter of a few little girls please feel free to let
me know and I will pencil you in- ha! The second goal for the Bronanders
in 2012 is to get healthy in our minds and bodies. The hard one for us
seems to be the bodies so the girls and I started going to the YMCA
again and they are loving it. I haven’t been there in probably 6 months
to do just a plain old workout. I was going regularly last spring and
doing well but after Via had her incident it just stopped. I was afraid
to leave her with anyone that Spring and then Summer hit which mean we
could walk outside and hit the parks. I stayed busy this fall so really
my weight maintained those months and I was pretty happy with it.
However, I hopped on that scale with Katie in the basement and I am up
10 pounds from last march- time to hit the gym before it gets out of
hand again. Damn you chocolate covered cherries (and all the other junk I
ate the past few weeks- How I hate to love you). The girls are doing
fairly well but Miss Bella is in the top of her age group as far as
weight goes (not good) so we are going to watch it a little. And before
you freak out- no we are not putting her on a diet. But we are hoping to
watch what she is eating a little closer and I checked out some
tumbling/ gym classes for her to try this spring… I think she will love
it. Our minds are developing just fine so to keep that ball rolling the
ladies and their father and I have started reading books when we wake up
and when we go to bed- I don’t think there can really be too much story
time. It is my way of evening out all the Sesame Street, Yogabagaba and
Little Einstein’s they watch. Yes they watch too much TV- I will be the
first to tell you that, but it’s always educational and that should
could for something right? I hope? Well in my quest to try new things I
am looking into story time at our local library. I have been nervous in
the past because my girls are very poor sitters (imagine that) but it
may be time to give it a try- I will definitely report back on that one.
When my Dad was out in Phoenix over Thanksgiving my cousin’s son Zane
(between the girls in age) was practicing his colors and numbers on a
“Fire.” I have been hesitant to get the girls involved with electronics
because I felt they were a little young. That was until this past
weekend when our priest was mentioning that the 4K class was getting a
brand new batch of iPads this week. First of all I didn’t know that 4
years new how to use iPads and 2ndly they already wore out
their first batch of them. I now got that sneaking feeling that I had
when I found out that CDs were a thing of the past a few years ago… I am
such an old lady!!! Get with the program Trina- MP3s are here to stay
and personal tablets for toddlers are on their way (long sigh) I can get
used to it I guess… for the children. So those are our goals as a
family. We really have no resolutions because I feel like such a failure
when I have not resolved anything- and by what time? It just gets
confusing. So We Bronanders on Bader Street are setting goals for 2012
and working hard at them- some days harder than other but working
towards them all the same. I guess our only resolution this year is to
drink more water… we must get off this soda (even though it is
delicious-harumph).
No comments:
Post a Comment