Kyra and I are not only inspired
but motivated. So it came at an awesome time that I won tickets (off the
radio mind you – Yes call number 9) to an art exhibit. It was held here
in Green Bay at they called it Artigraw which was an appropriate name
in the sense that it was right around Mardigraw. I was under the
impression that there was going to be some tasty food involved (and so
was Timmy which is how I got him to join us) but unfortunately it was
not to be. There was however some really cool artwork to check out and
we submerged ourselves in it for a few hours. I got to talk to artists
about their different processes and got some great ideas to use in the
future. I tried to surreptitiously take some snapshots with my camera
(like a spy) and Kyra made sure to let me know that I was not being
sneaky at all. She said “That’s stealing isn’t it?” And I had to tell
her that its okay to be inspired by other artists work as long as you
don’t try to pass it off as your own. Its plagiarism just like the
written word would be in school. My taking pictures to remind myself is
not stealing, as long as I only use it for inspiration – harnessing the
good here people. Kyra and I have been looking for something to do
together (ever since Bella was born really) besides shopping that we
could share with each other- something special. Last summer we came up
with the idea of an art studio which we were going to call “Viola Ivy.”
At first it was a plan purely in conversation. Then it turned into her
way of motivation me to clean out the loft above our garage so we had
room. Eventually she and I were discussing not only the types of art we
were going to create but then we decided that we are now going to sell
it. So before we sign ourselves up for a craft fair or local art show I
guess we better put the rubber to the road so to speak and make some
art. I have been so inspired recently and the idea of painting again
sounds so refreshing and positive I can’t wait. My main speed bump is
finding not only the time to do it, but a time when I will be without
children to tend to… this may be trickier than I originally planned.
It’s set in motion though because this weekend I bought an easel and
some blank canvases at Hobby Lobby to start getting my imagination down
on canvas… it should be interesting. Kyra’s main focus is going to be on
garden art. After the many trips to “The Flying Pig” in Algoma, she has
decided that she will be repurposing old bowling balls into decorative
garden globes. Our other creations (plans mind you) are to take old wine
bottles, glass plates and dishes and to make colorful glass flowers for
in people’s flower beds. We also came across tons of cups and saucers
at a rummage sale last year and those may turn into bird feeders… not
sure just yet but the sky is the limit- and at times our inspiration. No
matter the outcome, Kyra and I have bonded over art and I can’t think
of anything I would rather share with a person, especially one I love so
very much
PS- when we were at Artigraw there
was an artist there doing caricatures for 20 bucks a piece. If you know
me well, I am sure by now you have realized that I swing from being
super cheap/ thrifty to spending way too much money just because I like
it. This was one of those times… she was just thrilled so I guess I paid
more for that moment in time of her happiness than anything else…
dangerous for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment