So it’s the middle of March
and that means its time for some Irish luck. I am not Irish at all but I
like to think that someday I am going to find gold at the end of my
rainbow ;) Typically March in Wisconsin is blustery and it still snows
on and off with some accumulation. We are always happy to see April come
because it means that things are going to start defrosting. If you
remember my mentioning that on my birthday weekend (early March) we had a
massive snowstorm here in Green Bay. I once again am proven wrong by
age old euphemisms “In like a lion- out like a lamb.” It’s in the 70s!
When have we ever had weather like this? Oh yah- never! We have reached
record highs for about a week now and it looks like its going to last
for a while. I am most definitely not complaining but what the heck is
going on? Working in the hospital I get a lot of chances for small and
idle conversation. This is the perfect time to try out my “global
warming” topics because it makes people crazy. Who knew there were that
many people that felt so strongly about it? (which is good mind you).
The weather has been so beautiful here that all the snow from a few
weeks ago is already melted. The grass is starting to dry out and people
are out and about doing yard work, trying out the bikes and so on. Well
today I was feeling extra motivated so my mother and I went to the gym
to work out and afterwards we brought the two little girls to the local
park. They loved it of course but I never realized just how fast little
Via really is. I caution anyone who tries to take these girls to the
park by themselves- its near impossible because they don’t want to play
with each other (imagine that) and so they are always in opposite
corners of the playground equipment which in turn makes it near
impossible to watch them. If you help Katie get across the monkey bars,
there goes Livi flying toward the slide with no fear… that girls is
gutsy. She doesn’t understand yet so it will be very
long summer. The other day I was doing dishes and my mom had the girls
in the backyard and all of a sudden here comes Via running doesn’t the
front hill to the street. I ran out of the house screaming after her and
had just caught up to her at the bottom of the driveway- holy Sh*t I
almost lost my baby. It turns out that Katie had lifted the latch on the
gate and Via just pushed it open. She started running because she was
excited to be free and just didn’t get that those fast shiny things out
there on the road could actually hurt you. SO now that I have had my
heart attack for the Spring (my mother felt just horrible) I am read to
start toddler proofing our lives again. The first thing I am going to do
is buy a chain for the gate. I know it sounds horrible but its not like
I can tether my child to a tree… can I?
No comments:
Post a Comment