Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Parick's Day---- found that pot of Gold!!!

The weather continues to be odd here in Wisconsin and although it affected our community last week in a negative way, in general it is amazing. Who would think that in the middle of March we would be outside doing yard work and mowing our lawns because they have grown too much. Or my father who said “Gonna have to water the flowers out front cause they are getting too dry.” I have never felt so optimistic or productive in March in my entire life- ever. I have already got roughly a million boxes packed and priced for my upcoming rummage sale and going through all the closets and dresser drawers making sure there wasn’t more I could part with. My mom has done an excellent job of purging as well and thank goodness for that because it seems as though Based from this weekend) rummaging is going to be great this year! Its been a nontraditional and crazy few weeks that’s for sure. Case in point… Would you ever dream of wearing a swimsuit on Saint Patrick’s Day? Hell no most Wisconsinites would say unless it was a prank or a dare. I kid you not, this weekend Bella was able to run around at my parents home in her little hot pink swimsuit (which was the only warm weather clothing we had in storage here) in the 80 degree heat. We spent the day doing yard work out at my parents and the girls had fun riding on the lawnmower with uncle AJ. On Sunday we sat in mom and dad’s driveway visiting in the sunshine and frying food in AJ and Anna’s deep fat fryer- it was awesome! I had never deep fried my own food and now I get it- there really isn’t anything like getting it fresh out of the grease (Lord help us). The plan is now to deep fry a turkey for Easter Sunday- ambitious and dangerous with potential to be outstanding all at the same time. They were in town this past weekend because Miss Anna Herrman (well on her way to becoming a doctor/PhD) was invited to guest lecture at her alma mater St Norbert’s college. There is a tiny chance that she may be able to land a professor’s position here in Green Bay after graduation, and I think this was a great way to get a foot in the door- it was like a mini-interview so they can reference back to her in the case that a job opens up (we are all praying for you girl!!!) At any rate, it was fun to go shopping with her and try to find something professional yet young enough to give her presentation to the college class. In the end she found something that was super sharp without being sexy or old-maidish (yes I made that word up). After our excursion to the mall I was actually sweating on the walk to the car it was so warm. My body has yet to acclimate to the change in temperature and this extra fat layer I have (yes like blubber on a seal) sure is thick J  While on the topic of extra insulation I have to give my mother credit because since her retirement she has done a great job of not becoming sedentary. She will meet the girls and I at the YMCA a few times a week and she gets on the bike and elliptical like a pro (however getting off is a different story hahahaha) but she is really giving it her all and I am impressed and encouraged by this. Who would have thought I was going to have to keep up with my mother in her retirement… life is good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
this is AJ being fashion forward whilst cleaning out some drawers and my parents... poor Anna

No comments: