I have been dying to get the girls
out of the house ever since we had that amazing weather back in march.
They too haven’t forgotten how nice it was because they are constantly
asking to go to the park or the playground “just for a tiny bit” Katie
will tell me. Well I have been trying to find alternatives (free mind
you) to going to the park but I have come up a little short. We have our
morning dance parties but they only last so long and then the girls are
back at it — running around like holy terrors. I even went so far as to
buy a slide for in my house — yup right in the living room is parked a
slide in the hopes that they will burn off some of that excess energy
they have stored up. So the other day when the weather broke from
utterly freezing I loaded up the girls and we headed to the Wildlife
Sanctuary to see the animals and feed the geese. I should have either
gone earlier in the morning or waited till after nap time because
neither one of them were doing so hot… but momma needed a break so off
we went. Kyra was really good about keeping up with Olivia (who is
fasted than Bella most days) and Katie and I went through every animal
identifying and discussing their various characteristics. We had our
bags of corn (which went up in price from 25cents a bag when I was a kid
to 1.00 a bag now) and headed out to feed the ducks. Kyra stumbled upon
a goose nest with the little eggs inside waiting for the momma to come
keep them warm. Bella was so cute because as the duck went to sit on
them she stood up and screamed “NO!!! You will crush your babies!!!” How
sweet is that? She is always trying to make sure everyone is taken care
of… even the baby ducks.
No comments:
Post a Comment