I am referring to myself and my new found hobby that seriously consumes my entire free time... which my husband has made very clear to me. The only reason I am able to even blog about it is the fact that I am literally unable to participate right now. You are all familiar with the fact that I love to go to Rummage sales. I even host them once or twice a year in my more than spacious driveway. Well this year with all the funky weather in March, April (which is when I like to have my sale) was not as compliant with its weather patterns. It would be beautiful during the week but when that weekend hit *bam--- rain/snow/sleet--- icky weather. So we pushed it back and pushed it back. In the meantime Tim's parents have purchased a new home which is awesome but as they are moving into the new place the purged items have moved into our garage. I am totally okay with this as I made the offer in the first place--- positive for them to get rid of stuff and positive for me to have more items at my sale--- but I did not consider that I made this same offer to Tim's brother Jeremy (who is also moving) my sister in law Paula (who is doing an awesome purge job i must add) my mother, my brother and a handful of girlfriends at work. This is not to mention myself after having been totally ill the last few Springs and did little to no Spring cleaning whatsoever. I guess what I am trying to say is "Holy Crap" this is going to be a massive sale.. the garage is literally bursting at the seams. And this is where my addiction falls into play. A few months ago a girlfriend at work introduced me to online rummage sales through FaceBook. The first month I really didn't understand them and totally ignored the little icon. Then about two months ago I looked into it--- why not? It was around my birthday that I listed the first group of items... and they sold within a few minutes. What!?! All I had to do was take a pictures, list a price in the description and these people would claim the item through a comment thread and then arrange for pickup--- this was easy money. So I started small, by listing all the "big" things I didn't think would sell at my sale. At first it was a really nice purse, a set of speakers, a camera all sold within a few days for my asking price. Then it was things that i didn't want to have to store anymore like bookcases, TVs, exercise equipment etc... that all sold. Then I went through some bins and found some clothes that Via wouldn't be wearing this summer and sold those. Most recently I helped my mother clean out her bind from teaching materials and sold those books and notebooks. We are talking instant gratification here people--- ask and yee shall receive... very dangerous stuff for this girl. So, long story short: I am addicted to online Rummage Sales via the Facebook (and I love them). I am in the process of weaning myself off but now that I have purchased a Kindle Fire (a tablet with mobile internet capability) who knows how bad i will spiral out of control... hahahaha--- pray for me.
***The picture of the girls is of them trying out the matching car seats I bought for in my parent's vehicle--- for 5 bucks each... one of my online rummage sale finds *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment