We had
some great weather for Easter this year- granted it was a bit brisk
compared to the weeks past. What can you truly expect at the beginning
of April in Wisconsin though… anything can happen. We try to get over to
Sparta as much as possible especially around the holidays. This year
however I had to work a twelve hour day shift at the hospital so that
pretty much shot our plans down to make the trip this year. So
unfortunately we were not able to spend the holiday with Great Grandma
and our family across the state but we still had a nice time. Saturday
after I got done with work I swung past the house and picked up the
girls and my hubby. We were expected out at my parents house for our
Thanksgiving…. Aghem… I mean Easter feast. When AJ and Anna were here
back in March I had mentioned that we had a turkey in the freezer. Since
the driveway “fryfest” went so well on St.Patty’s weekend we decided
“Why not kick it up a notch?” (Emeril would be so proud). So that’s what
we did. Mom made fantastic scalloped corn, some beets, yummy salads and
I think there were pickles on the table but Katie polished those off
pretty fast – hahahaha. After our bellies were full and a wonderful
visit we headed home to get our bambinos into bed. Kyra had a hard time
falling asleep because she was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny
was going to leave her in the morning. Bella was a little confused with
the concept (she is still only 3 even though she seems like a full blown
collegiate activist already) and Via could have cared less- she was
exhausted. When the finally hit the hay it was time for me to get all
their clothes ready for church in the morning. I had the good luck to
find their Easter dresses at a local Kids Resale shop for under 15.00
total and with all their accessories that Tim’s mom was able to pick up
for them (hats, gloves and purses) they looked cute as a button. Kyra
found this year particularly difficult because she is right on the edge
of being a teenager. So on one hand she wants to wear something grown up
and “teenagery” but on the other hand she still thinks the big poofy
dresses are pretty… it’s a very interesting situation I find myself in
lately with the two little ones and the older almost teenager… its an
adventure for sure! During church Olivia just couldn’t sit still- at
all. Not to mention the fact that she has no volume button- full blast
or nothing. She screeches when she is excited which is great to know she
is happy but not in church- we are still trying to figure this one out.
It got to the point where is was impractical to keep her there so Timmy
was nice enough to take her to the car (which I am sure he didn’t mind
seeing Catholic Church on a holiday is not his first choice of
activities). The girls looked amazing though and it was nice to spend
that time together… I know it mean a lot to my Dad to have us all there.
After mass we headed out to my parents which is right down the road for
a few treats and an Easter egg hunt. We started with a few pictures in
the flowerbeds and if you can imagine, the girls were not all that
thrilled to pose for me where there were Easter eggs to be found. So I
did my best and took what I could get as far as that goes. Kyra hid the
eggs for the girls and she did an excellent job. AJ and Anna hid the
eggs for Kyra and she in turn hid the eggs for the adult kids. At first I
was not all that involved with running around in the cold looking for
plastic eggs full of candy I wasn’t going to eat. That was until my
mother said “Oh no dear, its not candy… its money.” That’s a whole new
situation- game on. AJ, Anna, Tim and I flew around that backyard trying
to find as many eggs as possible and it was awesome. We sat as a group
in the living room catching up and visiting for a bit and then we (The
Bronander Family) were headed to McDonalds (the only place open on
Easter) for some Ice Cream with Tim’s Auntie Karla. We were later joined
by his brother Jeremy and his parents too. It was nice to see them even
though it wasn’t a really long visit (Sharon had to work night shift)
but after some yummy ice cream we went our separate ways. I am not a fan
of ice cream so I had an iced coffee which made me super productive! I
got a few drawers organized during naptime and felt pretty accomplished.
Later on we stopped by his parents home to pick up the girl’s Easter
baskets and got to visit with them some more. Its hard to coordinate
visits because my weekends off and the times we have Kyra are Sharon’s
weekends to work. Luckily summer is headed our way and they should get a
little more time during the week then. She already has a pretty packed
schedule with Soccer and days camps not to mention the daily trips to
Bay Beach (our local amusement park) … life is good.
______________________________________________________________________________
Ice Cream with Auntie Karla
No comments:
Post a Comment