Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Show Must Go On

For about the last two years Kyra has been interested with the performing arts. She started in her schools talent show and liked it very much. That in turn lead to her being part of the musical last fall and this Spring she has been performing in her school’s Show Choir. Now I personally do not have a lot of experience in this activity because we never had anything like that when I was in grade school and middle school but she is super enthused about it so eh- why not? Here she is standing with not only her Show Choir leader but her he is also her band teacher. I was blown away when I got to see her perform this past weekend at the local high school as part of their cabaret show. I realize that she is only 11 years old (although she stands near my height) but she is starting to find herself as an individual and I think that is great. I don’t always like the fact that she would rather be hanging out with her friends instead of Timmy, myself and the girls but I guess that’s normal from what I hear… it just makes me a little sad that my little buddy is growing up (and now there is someone cooler than me--- insert pouty face here)

No comments: