This
was my mother's and it was a blast. We have had some pretty funky
weather the past few weeks with tons of snow and then super frigid
temperatures (the ones you would imagine Wisconsin to have but we
haven't had for years... which makes us all big babies). And maybe I am
alone in the whiner category but holy hell is it cold! Since AJ and Anna
moved to the area we have been trying to do things together but at the
same time not smother them. Frankly it has been nice because now mom and
dad want to do stuff with them too which spreads out the parental
attention (if you catch my drift). However this ends up being a double
edged sword in the sense that my laundry is piling up and I miss my
momma now :/ But lucky for me we got to spend the day together and miss
Anna Banana even came along. My parents have been considering changing
out the dining set they have in their kitchen. While I agree with them
that it is dated and well loved, to replace it before they really know
what their plans are in retirement may be a bit short sighted. Which in
turn made them re-vamp their plan to maybe not replace the whole set but
rather just get new chairs... which sounds easy enough (not really in
practice). So we went off gallivanting looking for inexpensive, sheik
and matching chairs to their current table (FYI these are a myth and do
not exist after exhausting all potentials in Green Bay). So the three of
us went to celebrate Lynnie's birthday the best way we know how with a
delicious meal at the Olive Garden followed by some death by chocolate
cake... it was amazing. I stole Anna and we did a quick run to look at a
table I had shown interest in online but wanted to see in person before
I committed to the purchase. It was a new experience for her and I
could tell she was a little uncomfortable with the whole activity but
she took it in stride and honestly was an awesome sidekick. She passed
the unofficial interview to be part of the "rummage club" this summer
hahaha. Anyways, we looked at the table in a total strangers garage (we
are still alive don't worry) and I used my super negotiation skillz to
get the price I wanted and we were all set to pick up later in the week.
After a few hours the whole brood met out at mom and dad's for a
delicious meal and some birthday cake: White with buttercreame frosting
and various pink, red and yellow roses (not just flowers) heavy on the
frosting... did I mention she likes frosting. There were a few gifts
given (I bought her like two dozen romantic novels at a rummage sale for
25 cents each and had the girls wrap them up for her. I think they
likes opening them more than she did honestly) and we just enjoyed each
others company... it was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment