Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baking Beauties

 Since Tim's contracted job dried up and the weather got quite cold, it has been a while since we have seen our families (especially his parents and his aunt). It used to be that on Tuesdays Karla would pop over and watch the girls for us for a few hours while we were at work. Both she and the girls really enjoyed getting that time once a week to visit and catch up with each other. Nine times out of ten she would bring either an art project for them to do together or bake cookies--- which is their favorite activity for sure (besides going to the playground... these girls love them some playgrounds). As we are adjusting to our new schedules and family life I must say it is pretty awesome to have him home. It used to be that when I was working I came home to a sink full of dishes, vacuuming to do and various other chores around the house. However (for no reason know to me offhand) Timmy is like a "super" stay at home dad! I leave him a list of things I need accomplished through the day and when I get home at 11 everything is done, the girls are asleep (in their own beds mind you) and I am greeted with a big 'ol hubby hug. Um.... I am kinda liking this. If I could just work longer hours more often and support us so he could stay home... I totally would. However, I know he is itching to get back to work. He is so bored its ridiculous (and hungry because of it) It has only been a few weeks and you can see its starting to get to him. I mentioned that he may want to take them to an indoor play-land or something along those lines but i understand that it is hard for him to sit at McDonald's and watch them whilst the french fries are calling his name. Its got to be tough for sure. The structure and consistency in the girl's day because of him being home is awesome though. They are having consistent naps which makes for happier babes and they are not a quick to fly off the handle. Thats not to say we are not grateful for all the help from our parents and other family members its just a nice change of pace... for a few weeks. He has submitted no less than a million resumes and applications though so hopefully one will work out soon. Fingers are crossed for sure.

No comments: