Saturday, April 20, 2013
Chuga Chuga Choo Choo
Last night I went out with some folks from the hospital I work at and for some reason my head is killing me. I only spent 12 bucks but I don't think there was a time that my hand was sans Beer... its a mystery. It would not typically be a problem on the weekend because Timmy is a sweetheart and lets me sleep these off, but today is a different day. We were not able to celebrate Easter with Tim's whole family so we all gathered for lunch and a local brewery/restaurant (just what I need--- more beer). I opted for a root beer (one of their specialties) and a sandwich. The girls had "baby burgers" which are just technically sliders but we like to make everything fancy in this family. So we munched our lunches and visited with Tim's side of the family (which I don't really like to keep track of sides because we have a super awesome family as a whole but for tracking purposes it seems easier for y'all) At any rate-hahaha- we enjoyed visiting as a group and then afterwords we gathered out on the deck where there was a railroad car. It seemed fitting to take our group photos in front of it to stay with the theme of the restaurant. Before everyone was done the girls were getting a little antsy so I took them on a walk-about to explore the old building. We found a set of stairs that about halfway up had a mural of people waiting in the station... I had a field day with this one. "Mommy who are these people?" says Katie "These are the folks in the olden day waiting for their train to take them where they want to go." Olden days? Does that mean they have died?" "Yes maam" "How can I still see them then?" And then baby Via chimes in "They are ghosts!!!!!" which was followed with screaming laughter and sprinting up and down the steps, especially near the painting... they loved it. When we all finally got outside (a few peeps got lost I guess) we all grouped ourselves in front of this railroad car. And wouldn't you know, the signal lights start flashing because a train still in operation was headed our way. I wanted to get the shot so I was standing on the tracks and as soon as everyone saw the gates drop they freaked out-- but I really wanted to get the pic so I stayed just long enough to make everyone uncomfortable but still accomplish my goal... who needs two legs anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment