Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hey Man, Nice Shot

The weather this weekend was AMAZING!!! We have had such crappy gloomy days so far this Spring that all this sunshine is totally overdue. I may have even gotten a sunburn I was outside so much. I know the girls totally dug it. Katie and Via have had so much fun re-discovering the outside toys in the backyard. We got the majority of the yard work accomplished and the garage partially cleaned out. I typically would have had the annual rummage sale in April however this year mother nature thought otherwise. Which is retrospect I am totally okay with because I was able to hit some pretty amazing sales myself that I otherwise would have probably missed... see - there is a bigger plan in life... At least that is what I am going with right now. My most recent adventures in parenting happened when Katie decided to take Spunky for a walk on the hill. I usually lock (like padlock) the girls in the backyard because we live on a busy street and I don't want them wandering into traffic. This time (because she was so darn cute with the leash) I let Bella stay out in the driveway while I was working on the garage. No big deal right? Wrong. Miss Adventure pants took it upon herself to walk the dog through our front yard, the side yard, over the hill into the neighbors and then finally into THEIR neighbor's yard. Luckily there were some folks outside that she wanted to befriend and held her up for a while. Now--- two things. Can I really be upset? No. Because I should have been watching her. Am I surprised? Hell no... that's a mini-Trina we are talking about. Once she makes up her mind up that she is going to do something she is going to do it. Bribery typically works but how much ice cream can you really feed a four year old? Don't answer that.
Sunday we spent the day out at my parents home with Anna and AJ. I had to bring along a few loads of laundry and borrow mom's washing machine because we are having remodeling done and there is no water in my basement... total pain but hopefully finished soon. It was either that or the laundromat (which I would prefer as it would provide me with some much needed alone time) but for the sake of time and money (and a free lunch) we spent the day out at my folks. It was such beautiful weather that we decided to eat outside on the patio. Dad has maybe overdone it with all the yard work and getting the flowerbeds going this spring so he was totally tuckered out by lunchtime. His endurance is still good just not insane like it used to be--- which is nice because then AJ and I end up looking not so lazy at our own homes hahaha. When we were doing the "walk around the house" (Where we walk around the property and see where we need to make changes and what the "projects" will be during the summer) As we were evaluating the pine tress (which are enormous now) I am not sure who spotted it first but there was a giant paper wasp nest--- it was so gross and cool! Realizing that it was not safe to have a giant hive in the yard for the safety of the little girls as well as my parents we elected to take it down... with basketballs!!! It was so much fun especially because we were not totally sure it was abandoned so there was a chance that there could still be wasps inside it---arrrggghhhh. but there weren't. AJ and Anna beat the crap out of it and mom being the continual educator in the family, kept the honeycomb looking part to teach the girls about bees and other wing-ed things. A small part of me wanted to see AJ running around the yard from the wasps but I know those sucker's hurt like hell so I didn't push it. However you better believe I was imagining it (love you AJ)

No comments: