Monday, April 29, 2013

First Brewer Game


A few weeks ago I went to my first Milwaukee Brewer's game at the new stadium in Milwaukee. When I say new I guess that is relative because they officially finished construction in 2001... whats a decade between friends right??? I went down with a group of friends from work on a coach bus so nobody had to drive the hour and a half through traffic and finding a parking spot. Which is good because there was a whole lot of booze on the bus (come on its called Miller park for crying out loud) and even more in the stadium itself. Speaking of which-- walking into the dome and seeing the playing field was unreal-- totally surreal. I was overwhelmed with how big and colorful it was... so much to look at. I am still learning the game because after 30 years of not caring there is a bit of a learning curve in terms of understanding the game but so far its going well. I got the basics down but now its learning the details... and trying to remember names. I give men (and women... but lets face it men are sorta dumb) way more credit now in terms of professional sports... cause remembering all this stuff sure is hard.

No comments: