I
am surprised she even smiled for this picture. I guess it was lucky for
me that I took it before she realized what she was getting into. One of
Kyra’s favorite things to do is her annual couple of days at Heritage
Hill, the local historical park. She has always loved getting dressed up
in “olden days” clothing and doing various activities related to the
particular camp she had chosen that year. This year though was another
story. She got home in the afternoon and was hot. Not like temperature
hot, but hot liked pissed off. Great!!! It turns out that she was the
oldest girl in the group. “Mom you signed me up for a baby group!” Hell
no I didn’t… its not my fault that there no other kids her age. When in
fact there certainly were, she just didn’t like them. She thought they
were mean. For no other reason than they wouldn’t talk to her. Well
that’s probably because she wouldn’t make eye contact and didn’t seem
friend=ly. I think she forgets that all girls are going through the same
thing as her. And it sucks. I get it. But how can you be angry that no
one likes you if you don’t let them even try to get to know you??? Or
worry that they are judging you if you don’t even try to engage them.
Argh. I guess its easy for me to say because I am an adult. Not to
mention that I wasn’t the most normal teenage girl. I definitely worried
about what people thought about me. Either they liked me or they
didn’t. I guess I just was a bit intimidation (honestly I was mean to them before they could be mean to me). But
not EVERYBODY… I hope. Life is hard. I feel for her for sure. I just
wish I could help her realize that none of this crap is going to matter
in 10 years.
On
a lighter note, the little girls had a great time tagging along and
dropping Kyra off at her summer camp. They even stopped and showed off
their pearly whites for momma. Oh! And by the way… On the second day the
“mean” girls were enthralled by Kyra and followed her around for hours.
She loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment