Sunday, August 18, 2013

Party People-- Vegas Style

Brad (Tim’s brother from LasVegas) was here this weekend along with his son Dominic. Jen and her son Robert were also able to make it to try a Wisconsin summer… and from what I can tell it has yet to disappoint them. There was even a thunderstorm with crazy down pouring rain (which Brand mentioned out in Vegas would have been flood conditions). To clarify: Jen is Brad’s girlfriend of the past few years. If you remember, his ex-wife Tara and I got along swimmingly… two little peas in a pod. So when they split it was pretty hard to me to think about becoming chummy with “someone new.” You could even use the term resistant. However, I have to say that Jen is pretty awesome. We were able to visit with them a lot this visit actually and we spent plenty a night playing cards into the wee hours. Well- they did. I joined in a few times too lol. Kyra had fun hanging out with Dom (although it was Jade’s week with her so it wasn’t as much time as I am sure she would have liked). We even had a cute little Family Reunion-style get together on Saturday where everyone brought a dish to pass and we just hung out all day… and ate---yes! The food was so good. Lucky for us we rented a shelter with tables and an awning right smack dab in the middle of Bay Beach (our little local amusement park) so we could run around and work off some calories in between the brats and macaroni salad hahaha. Speaking of running- I felt bad because when I was said and done we were loading things back into the vehicle and Andy (one of my brother-in-laws) was nice enough to dump the hot coals into the cement containers at the edge of the park. Unfortunately, this particular receptacle was already occupied by a whole army of hornets… who were all to happy to fly out immediately and let Andy know they had dibs on the place. It turns out he got stung a handful of times and thank goodness he is not allergic like his mother. But gold star to the Bronanders—who carry epi-pens just in-case. We let the cranky squatters settle down before we went back to gather all our grill parts (which made it through unscathed actually) and I made my way to a nearby ticket counter to let the girl know I needed to speak to a manager. Now… I am totally tempted to go off on a tangent and tell you all the horribly unprofessional things this manager (at the ripe age of maybe 19) told me about what she could and couldn’t do… argh. Needless to say after a good 20 minute wait and a request for “an adult” I was met with an actual manager who address the problem and took immediate action which included asking if my family member was in need of first aid… I guess he didn’t see the ambulance drive away??? No, just kidding… but it makes me all crazy and angry to think that someone could have been seriously injured and nothing would have been done for almost a half hour… I am going to try not to write the city a note but its super tempting. Argh. I digress. So after the attack of the killer hornets, Kyra, Jen and I (cause Miss Paula was taking care of her hubby) went out and got our nails did. The first place was closed. Bummer. Next place? Closed. Third place? Open… didn’t think to check the price… well, 90 dollars later and some pretty pink toenails we were all pampered and relaxed. Oh yah, except my checkbook. Oh well… this just encourages my rummaging and price-matching at WalMart.

No comments: