Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Big Guy


Today we celebrated Tim's 32nd birthday. Its funny how once you get past a certain age the day just isnt as special as it used to be. Probably in part due to the fact that as we get older life gets filled with responsibility and commitment... crappy. I thought it would be nice to surprise him with a new experience so I swooped him up and brought a little helper and we treated him to sandwiches and pie. Now let me clarify because these were no ordinary sandwiches. It may seem unreasonable but we drove over 30 miles to this little Amish store where they prepare the most glorious sandwiches I have ever eaten. EVER. Its a big deal and I thought I could share it with him. I think he enjoyed it but definitely not as much as I do. Frankly I am a freak. The next stop was to try out an award winning pie on our way home. For about the past 9 months or so I have had a borderline obsession with pie and I don't know why. (hey that rhymes lol). So I have been on the lookout to try and find the best one around. And I am talking for reals pie. Not like a pie in a wrapper or something like that. Full on for reals pie. Its a mission I shall continue because although these pies are supposedly award wining (and pretty decent) its not the mother load... but I am gonna find it. You bet your bumper I will.

No comments: