Thursday, April 24, 2014

Curiosity in Curios

It appears that when you ask you shall receive. I always thought the whole wishing in one hand and hoping in the other really didn’t carry much weight. I don’t want to jinx myself (which happened frequently so don’t worry) but every time I say something out loud it seems to happen. Now this can be positive things as well as negative. Case in point: a statement from earlier this month “Its pretty nice out… just glad it didn’t snow.” And wouldn’t you know, as luck would have it later that day it snowed. Whoops. Now on the flip side I have a tendency to express various items I am looking for at Rummage sales or thrift shops. If I get impatient and go to Kohls or Target I have to pay real money. But if I can just take a deep breath and wait… it always happens. And I truly mean always.  Sometimes I will find it after the fact and get frustrated with myself but that’s my lesson for being impatient. I can’t help that instant gratification feels so good. My goal is not to tempt fate but I have some pretty fabulous luck when it comes to finding what I need. 
This is the curio cabinet that I got at a sale a few weeks back. I had been thinking about getting one to match the one I bought right after the wedding but they are so darn expensive and although it may not seem like it—I am pretty particular (shocker I know). But this one was perfect. I could see the potential through the layers of dust--- thick, thick layers of dust lol. It helps that it was from a high school classmate’s sale and she just wanted to get rid of it. So instead of paying 75.00 I got it for 50.00 (which certainly beats the 600 I paid for the last one). But that’s how we learn. I have to be patient and good things will happen. Although to fully and totally contradict myself, I honestly believe that you can make anything happen as long as you work for it. So take me with a grain of salt because my ever changing perspective comes from a genuine and kind heart… I’m just a little crazy.

No comments: