Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baptism






Today was little Kaitlynn's Baptism. It was quite the day... not on purpose, but I am finding the more I let the little things bother me... the more of thme there are. So today we rushed to get to the church early. And we were... a half hour early. Then the dress arrived minutes before mass (mom procrastinates, but I love her). We get her in and doesn't she decide to fill her pants. NO WAY!!! I was getting pretty hot because the bells were ringing and I didn't have time to change her bottom. So into church we went and things were getting better. Until father Tom asked Tim and I what we wanted for Kaitlynn Bella Bronander today? The response was simple... "BAPTISM" but what did I say... "For her to be baptised"--- I am such a dork. Anyways, there is no proof because unfortunately the video camera was being difficult and we don't have the blessed event on tape. Jeezzz... could it get any worse? Yes it can... Kaitlynn started spitting up in her mouth when father was pouring the water over her forehead. I didn't know what to do... just let her choke on her yak, turn her on her side and let her spit up in the baptismal font, or throw her on my shoulder quick. Luckily she liked the formula the second time around too and swallowed it back down... I felt horrible for her, but she didn't seem to mind. Kids are the cutest thing!!!

Luckily we were able to give Jeremy and AJ the opportunity to call themselves "Godfathers." We were trying to figure out which one was the Godmother and which one was the Godfather and we decided that there's no reason why she couldn't just have two Godfathers, so that's what we did. Of course you know that AJ would slip into a dress in a sec if we asked him to :) He's a good sport, and quite fashionable.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

did you straighten yr hair? it looks so pretty!