Sunday, September 13, 2009

Church picnic





Today was the church picnic at St Joe's in Champion (I think). It is a very small community north of where my parents live in New Franken. It may be small, but let me tell you, they know how to party. So it started with polka mass inside the church at 9am. The band actually plays up by the sacristy so the whole church is filled with the umm-pa-pa for about an hour. Of course Kaitlynn couldn't sit through it... I don't exactly know what I was expecting... duh Trina. So she and I went to the back of the church (really the entrance... I know confusing) and we practiced climbing steps... thank Paula (wink wink). After mass the whole parish heads out to the grassy area behind the church where there is booya (s/p) waiting... and Belgian pies YUM! We got ourselves some brats and kraut, a couple spoonfuls of sweet pickles and we were off... to eat that is. We topped it off with some ice cream from the portable freezer truck and then Kyra went to play some games. The funny thing was that I was playing double duty this day because in one of my classes we have to experience 5 of Wisconsin's oddities... I think Polka mass counts. The really funny thing is that I would have definitely gone anyway... so what does that say? A whole lot of nothing! You know I am weird. So before we left we took a quick peak at the classic cars in the cemetery ( I said it was weird) and watched a few of the tractor pulls. dad wasn't feeling the best so he headed out before us, which was good because we went for another round of games, dancing and dessert. I LOVE WISCONSIN!!!

No comments: