This is not her usual resting place. But nothing this weekend was normal for her. Our little princess had her first emergency room visit on Friday night around 9:30 pm. She had been running a slight fever since I had picked her up from the sitter at 1:00pm. She was a little sleepy then and had rosey cheeks but I didn't think much of it. We gave her some infant's Tylenol and laid her down. I woke her up at 8:30 pm to feed her and change her bottom and noticed that she was burning up. I took her temperature (which you are supposed to wait and do it when they are naked for five minutes) and it was 105 I threw her in the tub to cool her down but it must not have been warm enough because she started shaking all over. Not like she was shivering but SHAKING. So I picked her up, threw her in a diaper and light jammies and we were off to the E.R. Timmy had to drive because I was too nervous... I know, me the health care worker was nervous. It is interesting when it is someone you know... its alot different. So we got there and her temp was 102.9 which was better than at home. They gave her some heavy duty Tylenol and examined her. Side note: our chunker is 23 lbs ;) Anyways, the doctor diagnosed her with hand, foot and mouth disease (virus) and told us that she had fluid behind both ears and some sort of irritation of her gums. She is teething, but that's not the main concern. So we went home to wait out the virus... and wait... and wait. Unfortunately for her, yesterday she was starting to come around a little but somewhere along the way she picked up a cold. Argh! So now she has a fever, achey gums, a runny nose and is wheezing. At least we still have the nebulizer that we "had" to purchase last spring. Luckily I am well versed in the subject matter so we are good there. She is just miserable. She has started to smile again, but she won't cry, she just whimpers. It makes me feel so bad. Speaking of feeling bad... Uncle Bruce, Aunt Barb and Grandma came over from Black River and Sparta to visit Dad this weekend and we couldn't even visit with them. She is supposed to be contagious for 48 to 72 hours... So I felt bad about that. The poor sweets. Here's hoping that she does well tonight, frankly I anticipate crusty boogies in the morning.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
What's wrong with this picture?
This is not her usual resting place. But nothing this weekend was normal for her. Our little princess had her first emergency room visit on Friday night around 9:30 pm. She had been running a slight fever since I had picked her up from the sitter at 1:00pm. She was a little sleepy then and had rosey cheeks but I didn't think much of it. We gave her some infant's Tylenol and laid her down. I woke her up at 8:30 pm to feed her and change her bottom and noticed that she was burning up. I took her temperature (which you are supposed to wait and do it when they are naked for five minutes) and it was 105 I threw her in the tub to cool her down but it must not have been warm enough because she started shaking all over. Not like she was shivering but SHAKING. So I picked her up, threw her in a diaper and light jammies and we were off to the E.R. Timmy had to drive because I was too nervous... I know, me the health care worker was nervous. It is interesting when it is someone you know... its alot different. So we got there and her temp was 102.9 which was better than at home. They gave her some heavy duty Tylenol and examined her. Side note: our chunker is 23 lbs ;) Anyways, the doctor diagnosed her with hand, foot and mouth disease (virus) and told us that she had fluid behind both ears and some sort of irritation of her gums. She is teething, but that's not the main concern. So we went home to wait out the virus... and wait... and wait. Unfortunately for her, yesterday she was starting to come around a little but somewhere along the way she picked up a cold. Argh! So now she has a fever, achey gums, a runny nose and is wheezing. At least we still have the nebulizer that we "had" to purchase last spring. Luckily I am well versed in the subject matter so we are good there. She is just miserable. She has started to smile again, but she won't cry, she just whimpers. It makes me feel so bad. Speaking of feeling bad... Uncle Bruce, Aunt Barb and Grandma came over from Black River and Sparta to visit Dad this weekend and we couldn't even visit with them. She is supposed to be contagious for 48 to 72 hours... So I felt bad about that. The poor sweets. Here's hoping that she does well tonight, frankly I anticipate crusty boogies in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment