Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grown up

So I am starting to feel like a real grown up. This past week I made one of my first purchases where I felt like it was "a big deal." So I know you are asking me why I don't feel like a grown up since I am almost 28 years old and have a husband and a baby... I just feel like I am perpetually in college or something... its really weird. But anyways... I have been collecting these glass paper weights for years and up until now have been storing them in the basement's extra room. I have always wanted a light up cabinet to showcase them but have never had the money or the nerve to get one. Since Dad got sick I have realized that if there is something I want to do or get done I should get to it because you never know whats going to happen. So I bit the bullet and bought one. Bella... my bestest shopping buddy ever, and I went out pricing units this past week when I had off. Of course I had to pick the days where we got dumped on with snow... but that is typical of my luck. So I found one that I liked at WG&R that wold break my bank account and bought it. They must have been having a sale because they took an extra 20% off the top which was awesome because that covered the cost of a little white toy chest I have always wanted to get miss Bella Bean. So, we loaded the toy chest into the back of the magnum (it was pretty heavy) and scheduled the cabinet to be picked up on the weekend. Tim's brother Andy was nice enough to let us use his van (and strong back) to being it home on Saturday afternoon. It was killing me because I was so excited to see what it looked like that I didn't really sleep at all... which is bad since I have to work three 12 hours nights this weekend. Oh well, whats good sleep like anyway? SO here are a few pics of my beloved cabinet which i think is technically called a curio... I have no idea. You will see that my little people are in the bottom. Kaitlynn thought it would cool to play with these one day so now she can admire them through the glass. The picture is of Tim and I when we were 16 years old... Isn't it amazing how life works out?





No comments: