Sunday, August 1, 2010

Parade

It was just about one year ago today (with in a few weeks) that I went down to Milwaukee with my parents and Kaitlynn to see the circus parade. Who would have know one year later all that would happen. Its odd just how much things can change- we had no idea what was in store for dad. Its really a bit creepy because I asked him jokingly if he wanted a polka band at his funeral and of course he said yes... along with potato salad and brats. Who knew that two weeks after that we would find the cancer that almost killed him. I cant tell you just how emotional it makes me to think that I could be doing all these things without him (when really I probably wouldn't cause I don't like to cry). Anyways- I have decided that Karma is a biatch. Number two- things happen for a reason and its best to prepare yourself for the worst so that when things go down its never as bad as you thought it could be. Number three- life is a gift- take care of it. Whew! Now that I have gotten all philosophical for you... :) Have I mentioned that July in Wisconsin has been a little hot? Scratch that, really really hot, and muggy too. Whose big idea was it to get pregnant again? Well today we put on our walking shoes and headed to Dykesville for their semi annual parade and picnic. I cant tell you how much i love parades- like alot- the only thing better is a church picnic and today was a twofor! Kaitlynn had fun watching all the people going by and especially when they threw candy at her. She didn't quite get it but was pleased none the less with all tootsie rolls (her first by the way). I myself am more partial to the big wads of gum and mom would have arm wrestled for the caramels. Dad was pretty relaxed today and enjoyed seeing all the different antique tractors go by. There was even a beer float that was giving away whole cups of beer- is that legal? Anyways, after sweating it out on the street we headed up to the church for some refreshments and food. They were serving salmon's brats today and let me tell you- Festival foods no longer is the best in my book. So from now on we are a salmon's wieners kind of family. Bella enjoyed dancing by the live band but she kept wanting to be picked up- which was a little uncomfortable for me and my ever enlarging belly. But we made it work. There was a little rummage sale in the church basement which was super fun to walk through. The prices were either ridiculously expensive or dirt cheap. Which evens out in the end I guess. Anyways- what an awesome day... there should be a parade and picnic every Sunday!

No comments: