Sunday, August 15, 2010
Wedding Shower
As many of you know this fall my sister in law's (Tim's brother's wife) brother is getting married. He had played soccer when they were young and it is kinda funny because Paula (my sister in law) and I never talked pretty much because of the age gap between us. Now things are a little different especially since we married brothers so we talk a whole lot more :) Anyways, what you may not know is that Kelli (Paula's brother's fiance) has asked me to stand up in her wedding- now I know what you are say- "Are you nuts? You will have just had a baby!" (10/10./10 is the date) And yes you are right... but how cool is it to stand up in a wedding!!! You just don't get asked that all the time you know. So yes, I will be standing up as a bridesmaid for Kelli and Tony's wedding this October and super excited about it. The one thing I am not so excited about it trying on my bridesmaid dress... what if it doesn't fit. Whopps! I haven't gained any weight with the pregnancy but who knows what interesting situations may have surfaced once the "swelling" goes down. I guess we will just have to wait and see. 
This weekend was their wedding shower at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens (my suggestion by the way- go me). And it was absolutely perfect. I was incredibly grateful for Paula and Katie (another bridesmaid) who really didn't make me do all that much except be there and hand over a check- which I totally appreciate because as of late my head is ready to explode... or implode I am not sure which. At any rate- I am a little stressed. Just the other night at work I could tell and had one of the CNAs take my blood pressure. My usual is 90/60- which is super uber good. However, that night it was 174/95... can we say overdoing it a bit. So unfortunately I have to admit that my husband was right (which I don't like to do) that I might need to slow down a bit. Harumph (notice I did not say I was wrong... because women never are... right?) Regardless- I am losing my train of thought here- the shower was beautifully put together and it went very well. Kyra had fun playing with her cousins while Bella was still out at my parents house. We all played a group game which was a spin on the popular "Newlywed Game" but this was more like the almost newlywed game. So we got to learn a whole lot (too much at times :) about the bride and groom past, present and future. There were tons of laughs and smiles which is the important thing. I do have to say though that the popping balloons were not a favorite of mine. I kept thinking my water was going to break... no such luck as the count down begins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment