Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apples and Pumpkins Oh My!

This weekend was not our scheduled time to have Kyra but Andy and Sharon were able to get her for a few hours. That was because we were off to do the annual apple picking and pumpkin patching. This is the first year that I was able to go because usually I have to work when they are off- but not this year! WE dropped Olivia off by my parents on the way (the first time alone mind you) and headed to Luxemburg Wi to find he orchard. I thought I knew where it was but I was wrong so we had to call for directions and were late- which is nothing new for me ;) Andy, Sharon and Kyra were already there waiting for us but we caught up qucik and headed out to the pumpkin patch. Kyra was an old pro but this was Kaitlynn's first time and it took a bit to get used to walking in the vines and such. She got the hang of it though and started motoring around picking up pumpkins and saying "Yuck!" (It was a little mushy out there). After finding a few keepers we drove into the apple orchard to pick some apples. Now I personally don't eat apples that much but Tim, Kyra and Bella had a blast. Kaitlynn didn't really like the taste at first but eventually found them to be quite delicious. After getting the cars all loaded up (Thank You again Sharon and Andy) we went on a tractor ride around the property. Kaitlynn LOVED it. She kept saying "tractor tractor." It was nice and warm too so the weather helped alot. We went up to my favorite little bistro in Algoma Wi for lunch and then we took them to see the flying pig (awesome and inspirational garden shop) because it was right up the road. I had fun looking around with Sharon and seeing what we thought we could make... I am not as skilled as her but it was fun none the less. The girls hung out in the giant sand box of course and Tim walked around the grounds with his dad. We headed back to Green Bay and picked up the bambino from mom and dads. Mom's famous words (now) are that "she was good hours 1 through 4... but that hour 5 was a tough one." I have to say thank you for watching her because it would have been really hard having her in the orchard but at the same time I missed my little peanut... I forgot about this part with Bella. I have a month and half to practice I guess :)


No comments: