Sunday, December 4, 2011

AAAaargggHHhhhh!!!

I can not tell you how angry I am right now... its bad... very bad. So last week my sister in law Paula and I rented out a photography studio here in Green Bay. We decided to give it a try seeing it has gotten so difficult to do pictures at Target with the girls. Not only to get them to behave but to set an appointment time when they we are able to have Kyra from Jade and Tim is off of work for the day and I am not working the weekend... sheesh life is getting busy. So I was perusing craigslist (one of of my favorite things to do) and I saw an add for studio time rental. It turns out you just bring in your own camera and they will let you use their backgrounds and props and you just pay the hourly fee of 20.00 Not bad at all. Paula and I reserved 2 hours for our girls and split it down the middle and gave it a try last week. The little girls were pretty tired (we started at 7pm) but they did their best and we actually got some pretty great shots... that was until my camera (new mind you) decided that it was not going to let me have them... and by this I mean days later, my memory card says they are not available- that the file is corrupt. NOOOOOOO... I cried and cried in the shower today before work :( So all that time and all that work for nothing- they are gone never to be retrieved. I have come to find out that with these new fancy cameras you need to format your memory card before you use it- whoops! I never knew that... I just assumed you could use it and then just pop it in your computer like I have always done. I guess that book I bought ( The D3100 Nikon for Dummies... i know) was something I was actually supposed to read. I feel like a total idiot right now. So now a few hours later my tears have dried and the wounds are starting to heal. I am feeling totally re-energized and using this as my opportunity to get even better shots. I called the studio and he can sneak me in tomorrow afternoon and Jade said that I could steal Kyra for a few hours too... this may end up being an okay deal. We shall see... The first thing I am doing in the morning (after I get up from working overnight) is to call the local camera shop and make sure I am not compounding the problem (by being stupid) and clarify that the pictures are truly unretrievable- that would be totally horrible if I was just an idiot and then erased all the pictures and started over needlessly. I would seriously throw up everywhere... I just need to breathe..... and breathe...... and breathe. Its all going to be okay... they are just pictures right? ( I will keep reminding myself of this even though you know darn well pictures are up there in the list of necessities for me neck in neck with oxygen and food... argh)

No comments: