I think this is the fourth year that Kyra has participated in the day program at Heritage Hill, our local historical park. My parents pay for the tuition as her birthday gift (her request of course) and then she gets to look through the pamphlet and pick out a theme of the camp she wants to attend. In the past she has done “days on the farm”, “Civil war solider” “School house scholar” and this year I think it was “Laura Ingles Wilder.” She totally loves getting into the role of a pioneer girl and I like the fact that she is expanding on her knowledge of where we came from in the hopes that she will appreciate all the things she has become accustomed to. With Timmy and myself both working almost the same hours, some days are a little tricky as far as child care goes. We are so lucky that we have both sets of parents as well as Tim’s aunt and his brother and sister in law to help us out. I must say that our support system is amazing and I am so incredible grateful. And it comes in handy when I have us double booked in activities like Kyra’s camp and Bella’s swimming classes. I don’t want to be one of those people that asks the family to do everything for them but at the same time I want my kids to be involved in as much as possible… I am still trying to get that to balance out.
This is the photo of kyra with her group of "lady friends" from her daycamp. She is in the top row standing in the middle... and a side note- the child... who is a brand new twelve year old mind you... is exactly one and 3/4s inch shorter than me... not liking this one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment