Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beach Bums

Today we stayed in Milwaukee to see the "fly-in" that AJ, Anna and my parents loved so much last year. I was a little leery to do it with the girls because honestly... they are sometimes more work than the activity is worth. Frankly I have no interest in airplanes nor walking around checking them out (they are all the same to me--- boring) but I reluctantly agreed to check this out because my sister in law told me it was awesome. Because I love her (and she is usually right) I got the girls dressed for the beach and we headed out to beat the crowds.
In the infamous words of my mother- OMG. They were right- this was amazing! It was not a show of airplanes lined up for you to look at like I thought. There were just people hanging out on the beach and the planes flew OVER us- WOW! Even the giant ones, the old ones and the ones that are faster than sound... but super loud when you cant see them anymore. I didn't want to leave and neither did the girls. They had made some new friends on the beach and were having a blast building sand castles and burying each other.
AJ and Anna dropped a bomb on us too (no they are not pregnant)... they may be moving to Green Bay based on what happens with Anna's opportunity at being a professor at St.Norberts... we all have our fingers (and toes) crossed for her.

No comments: